In 2018 alone, there were over 2.7 million jobs in the spa and wellness market. This number continues to increase as society continues to focus more heavily on health, wellness and overall well being. Some of the jobs in the spa beyond just massage therapy:
- Spa Manager; spas of all shapes and sizes need leaders to manage the day to day operations from staff to food to appointments.
- Sales and reservations; those responsible for creating and selling services and packages at the spa are the backbone and ensure and guarantee the revenue for the spa
- Marketing and promotion; having a team or an individual who is in charge of selling the spa through brand awareness, social media and other advertising campaigns.
- Designer and landscaping; someone has to be in charge of designing the space in a way that is thoughtful, quiet and relaxing.
- holistic specialists; with a heavier focus on holistic practices and medicine, spas are looking for those who specialize in this type of practice or treatment.
- Beauty technicians; many spas offer face and facial services such as eyebrows, eyelashes, and facials and there are lots of opportunities to get into spas and practice these treatments.