The spa and wellness industry is a dynamic and ever changing industry with new trends emerging almost everyday. Some of the trends in the industry over the past year include:
- Fitness; this is by no means a new trend but is still on everyone’s mind and is something that many people find important and crucial. Wellness falls into this category as well.
- Organic products; using products that are organic, cruelty-free, natural and chemical free is something becoming increasingly important to spa and wellness consumers.
- Energy and holistic healing and treatments; People are becoming more interested in holistic and alternative treatments to improve energy, balance and wellness.
- Stress management; meditation and mindful practices are becoming more popular as people focus on managing and mitigating stress caused by various factors in their lives.
- Leveraging technology; online booking, online gift cards, digital marketing and other technological uses are important in business development.
- Customization; creating programs tailored specifically to customer needs and wants and goals is a trend and something being sought out and therefore offered by more spas.
- Skincare; a focus on protecting, nourishing and improving the quality of one’s skin, especially on the face and area is something that is a trend especially in North America and places with four harsh seasons.